Legal Week has a vacancy for an Asia editor to spearhead the brand’s growth in the region.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious and experienced journalist to take a leading editorial role within this flagship and award winning Incisive Media brand with ambitions to become the number one legal business publisher in the region.
The position of Asia editor is a new one and will be based in Incisive Media’s Hong Kong office.
The successful candidate will be Legal Week’s first employee in the region, thereby affording the role with additional responsibilities and importance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ambassador for Legal Week, meeting and greeting all the major legal players in the region
- Writing news, analysis and features, allowing Legal Week to increase the quality and quantity of its Asia output
- Act as a consultant to the events production team providing input on content and introducing major contacts
- Provide support to Legal Week Law, including sourcing relevant briefings and uploading some Asia content
- Chairing events, roundtables and web seminars
Knowledge of the legal business market would be a distinct advantage, but is not essential.
However, the successful candidate must have:
- Experience at a senior level in a combined print and online team
- Experience of juggling a variety of roles, and the ability to adapt at short notice
- The confidence to represent the brand externally when required
- Excellent work ethic, a commitment to high standards, good accuracy and professional integrity.
- Substantial editorial experience, including demonstrable legal or business reporting experience.
Registered users can apply via the "Apply" button below.
In little more than a decade, Incisive Media has grown from the launch publisher of a single B2B financial magazine to a global business media company with a portfolio that is the envy of its peers. Whether communicating in print, in person or online, Incisive Media prides itself on its entrepreneurial culture, creating market-leading products for the industries we serve.
As you would expect from a leading specialist business information provider, we place a high value on our employees and are striving to be an employer of choice. In doing so we offer highly attractive rewards packages, an environment where performance is recognised and rewarded, jobs and careers are fostered and people are respected to ensure we attract and retain the calibre of people that we need for our rapidly expanding business.
Salary: DoE Location: Hong Kong, Rest of World
Categories: editors and management | news | section editors | specialist writers |
Posted: 2012-06-08 15:54:00